Put your app in beast mode. Give it Kandy – reliable real-time communications SDKs for every scenario and every developer.
Communication makes us human. Add a human element to your app - with Kandy. Voice, video, co-browsing, SMS, conferencing, and more. Kandy is a reliable RTC solution that scales. Although submissions have ended for this competiton, you can still build with Kandy!
Let us show you how Kandy can fuel your application - no matter what your industry is. You can use Kandy to help service professionals chat and talk to their customers instantly, help brick and mortar stores make sales, help remote workers stay in touch, and much, much more!
This challenge was open to:
- Individuals (who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry); Teams of eligible individuals; Organizations (up to 50 employees)
- Organizations with over 50 employees may compete for the non-cash Large Organization Recognition Award.
- Employees of Kandy and its affiliated partners are not eligible. Please see full rules for details.
What to Create: Participants must have submitted a new app that uses free Kandy’s API/SDK (via the Promo Code) or update an existing app with Kandy. (Note: Only apps built with Kandy’s free service via the Promo Code are eligible for this competition.)
- Smartphone or tablet (iOS, Android, Blackberry, Kindle, Windows Phone)
- Web (mobile or desktop)
- Desktop (Windows PC, Mac Desktop)
- Software running on other hardware (including, but not exclusive to, wearable technology, open source hardware, etc.)
- Custom hardware which includes a software component (wearable technology, etc.)
Supplemental Material: Youmust have submitted a demo video (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) that walks through the main functionality of the solution via screencast or video. You must also submit at least one image/screenshot of your working solution.
New & Existing Solutions: Apps may be newly created or pre-existing. If the submitted app existed prior to the competition’s submission start date, it must have been updated to include Kandy’s Freemium service during the submission period.
Testing: You must make your app available for testing by providing a link to access your installation file, a uploaded installation file, a TestFlight build, etc. See full testing access options.
Principal Architect for Kandy
Founder of Pitch + Pivot
CEO of TMC
Genband Chief Strategy Officer and Founder of Kandy
VP, Technology and Product, Cloud Services at GENBAND
Director of Developer Evangelism at Kandy
Quality of Idea
Includes creativity and originality of the idea. Is the app concept the first of a new frontier of software? Or an old champion now powered by the explosiveness of Kandy?
Implementation of Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer and the extent to which it utilizes the Kandy API.
Includes the extent to which the application could make business and communications better.